Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Timed Personal Response

Personal Response to Context
By: Amber Copp

There are times in our lives that we get to a point where we have to make a turning point choose or decision. Most people’s first turning point is when they decided to take responsibility for their actions or even their lives. I think that if individuals don’t take responsibility for their own lives then they never give themselves the opportunity to grow or mature.
As a child growing up my parents tried to shelter me from all the things they could. They kept me from auditions for the fear I would get rejected, from opportunities and other experiences that might have bad outcomes. As the years went on and they tried to keep me away from more things, they got in my head so much I couldn’t even rebel. Now as an individual I don’t have some of the life skills you need to be a strong individual and to succeed in the world, like failure, rejection, EST. Now that I’m a young adult I have to take responsibility for my own life. Today I never say no to opportunities that will make me a better individual. I can travel on my own to auditions and other dance conferences; I don’t have to rely on my parents anymore. They have no choice but let me go. In the novel “Snow Falling on Cedars” Hatsue had a similar situation as mine. Her mother sheltered her from the boy she loved. So she had to make a choice whether to let her mother control her life, or to take responsibility for her own and still write to her love. Though she is only partially taking reasonability for her life, she is still writing to him but she is doing is behind her mother’s back. Though she did take that turning point and is giving herself the opportunity to grow into her own individual.
You can’t rely on others to make all your decisions in life. Sometimes in your life you have to make a turning point and start your own path in life. Whether you are taking control from your parents or others you have to take that step so you can grow into your own person. You have to take control of your own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment