Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Portfolio

Expository Writing: 
-Grapes of Wrath
-Timed Critical Response

Personal Response:
-Rainy River
-Timed Personal Response

Creative Response:
-Response To Hamlet
-Rainy River Visual (painting of apple)

Independent Reading:
-1984

Reflection:


 Throughout humanities I have personally had my ups and downs, but these ups and downs are what make us into stronger students, and better individuals. Humanities has taught me a number of things. One is that you never know what's coming but you should always be prepared. I have also learned that even when you do badly on something like an assignment it is only one person’s opinion but usually Mr. Kabachia is right.

  I have really grown as a student this year in humanities. I have realized that coasting through assignments isn't going to cut it. You could really see that in my marks it was obvious if I worked hard on an assignment or if I was a little lazy. The assignments I was most proud of were usually the ones I put the most effort in. Like almost all my visual's I think I did extremely well on and that reflected in my mark. I'm an artsy kind of girl and whenever I can use that to my advantage I do.

  I'm not a very strong writer but I have grown tremendously in this area. If you look at my first essay compared to my last you can really see a difference. My voice is stronger and I provide relevant and logical defence for what I’m arguing. I know as a student I have to work harder in finding the deeper meaning in things but at the same time don’t over think it. There were some assignments I struggled on and I found out it was because I was over thinking them. The grapes of wrath I found to be a challenging novel and it was challenging because I over thought many of the situations. When you read my critical response you could tell that I was thinking into some character's more then I should. But because I know this now I can try to grow and help understand more novels in the future.

  Once humanities is done I don’t have a clear idea of what is next. I plan on pursuing my education further I just have to decide what I’m pursuing. I think I’m closer to becoming more prepared for the future but I would not say I’m 100% ready. What I do know is that I have learned allot this year and I know you will always go far in life if you are intellectually ready for life. Since Humanities 30 is almost over this mean's life will finally start to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment